MSG Measuring Technology
GMS-B Measuring Cell for Bent Tubes
The measuring cell for bent tubes is a contact-free optical measuring system for measuring bent tube and wire parts. It takes only a few seconds to determine a digital image of the workpiece to be inspected by shadow projection, and to compare it to a stored model transmitted through the CAD interface to determine size accuracy.
Product areas & Areas of application
- Automotive Industry
- Furniture industry
Areas of application:
- Digitalization of stabilizers
- Bent hydraulic tubes (with or without forming ends)
- Immersion heater
- Transparent bars
- and much more
- Use for quality assurance and correction of bending data
- No adjustment or clamping of parts necessary
- Measurements independent of position/ operator
- Can be integrated into an automated production line
Inspection features & Interface
- 3D coordinate measurement of the shaft sections of bent tubes/wires
- CAD model comparison
- Bending radius measurement
- Spatial position measurement of the tube ends
- Connection to process control level via Profinet.
Measured data storage in SQL database.
Measuring speed/ accuracy
- The standard measuring speed for bent tubes is <8 sec.
- The default absolute diameter accuracy is +-0.01 mm. The accuracy of the shank angles is <0.1°.