MSG Measuring Technology
GMS-E Pipe End Measurement
The GMS-E, specifically developed for industrial inline applications, permits conclusions about the production quality of pipe cross-sections. The geometry is measured far inside, viewed from the pipe end.
Product areas & Areas of application
- Pipe (round, profiled)
- Rod (round, profiled)
Areas of application:
- Geometry measurement
- Groove detection after drawing
- Volume calculation and saw-cut optimisation downstream of the welding line
- Steel, brass, aluminium, plastics, etc.
Burrs or deformed ends will not influence the result. Since the cross-section geometry is recorded contact-free far inside the pipe, in contrast to conventional, elaborate procedures, the GMS-E can be used very early in the production process. The sooner the quality is known, the fewer rejects will be produced.
Inspection features & Interface
- Outer diameter [mm]
- Inner diameter [mm]
- Ovality [%], [mm]
- Wall thickness [mm]
- Maximum inscribed circle [mm]
- Eccentricity [%], [mm]
- Coaxiality [%], [mm]
- Area [mm2]
- Volume calculation [mm3]
- Weld geometry
- Connection to process control level via Profinet.
Measured data storage in SQL database.
Measuring speed/ accuracy
- The measuring speed is 2 s.
- The measurement accuracy is ±10 μm
*Data for standard system