MSG Measuring Technology
GMS-I Inside Profile Measurement
The GMS-I permits creation of a digital image (“digital twin”) of tubes, and specifically in large pipes. A roller track moves the pipe to be inspected through a measuring head attached to a lance for measurement of the inner geometry. The measuring principle of the GMS-I is based on a default laser cutting procedure where profile measurements matching the scanning frequency are performed on a pipe. They can then be inspected for geometrical tolerance violations after passage.
Product areas & Areas of application
- Seamless pipes
Areas of application:
- During calibration with the impander
- During transport in the adjustment area
- Steel, brass, aluminium, etc.
The GMS-I can, for example, record the inner geometry in realtime during bending or diameter reduction of a tube.
Inspection features & Interface
- Averaged inner diameter [mm]
- Maximal and minimal diametric inner diameters [mm]
- Inside global out of roundness [mm]
- Circumference inside [mm]
- Maximum inscribed circle [mm]
- Local out of roundness [mm]
- Weld geometry (peaking, flattening, …)
- Connection to process control level via Profinet.
Measured data storage in SQL database.
Measuring speed/ accuracy
- The measuring speed is 40 Hz.
- The measurement accuracy is ±50 μm
*Data for standard system