MSG Measuring Technology
GMS-PS Profile Selection Measurement and Straightness
This system is an expansion of the GMS-P. It records straightness of the large pipe locally and globally as well.
Product areas & Areas of application
- Seamless pipe
Areas of application:
- Before or after calibration
- Final inspection
- Steel, aluminium, plastics, wood, etc.
The GMS-PS compresses the elaborate manual measurement of the straightness of large pipes to a fraction of a second. Where ropes could only work along the outside of the horizontal jacket surface before, the GMS-PS can measure the entire straightness in any radial location along the pipe. It also comes with an integrated calibration for quick and independent restoration of process capability.
Inspection features & Interface
- Averaged outer diameter [mm]
- Maximal and minimal diametric outer diameters [mm]
- Global out of roundness [mm]
- Other product-specific features [mm] (e.g. width/height at square tubes)
- Circumference [mm]
- Local out of roundness [mm]
- Weld geometry (height, width, peaking, flattening, …)
- Detection of grinding points
- Global straightness [mm/tube length]
- Local straightness [mm/reference length]
- Connection to process control level via Profinet.
Measured data storage in SQL database.
Measuring speed/ accuracy
- The measuring speed is <3 s.
- The measurement accuracy is ±50 μm
*Data for standard system