MSG Measuring Technology
Modern measuring technologies record physical data from many different processes of a production sequence. This comprehensive digital information is the vital foundation for achieving the Industry 4.0 standard. Our contact-free, precise measurements are based on industrial image processing. We evaluate options, test relevant configurations, and choose the optimal measuring technology for your needs, no matter of you need pipe end measurements, straightness measurements, profile section measurements, curvature measurements, or our 3D measuring system for bent pipes. The GMS-E, for example, which has proven its worth since 2005, reliably supplies the required measuring results even under difficult conditions. These measurements are independent of the material.
GMS-E Pipe end measurement
The GMS-E, specially developed for industrial applications, provides information about the production quality of pipes. The geometry at the end of a tube is analysed. The technology developed by MSG enables the cross-sectional geometry to be recorded at a measuring depth of approx. the inner diameter.
GMS-S Straightness measurement
The patented GMS-S permits inline measurement of the straightness and twist of round or profiled rod products in space. The result is the local and global straightness/inclination and twist, without any falsification caused by gravity.
GMS-P Outside Profile measurement
The GMS-P enables the creation of a digital image (“digital twin”) of pipes, especially in the round pipe and sectional pipe sector. The pipe to be tested can be transported through the measuring system on a roller conveyor. The measuring principle of the GMS-P is based on a laser cutting method, in which a corresponding number of profile measurements are carried out on a pipe at the scanning frequency. These can then be checked for geometric tolerance violations after transport.
GMS-PS Profile section
measurement and straightness
GMS-I Profile section measurement inside
The GMS-I enables the creation of a digital image (“digital twin”) of pipes, especially in the large-diameter pipe sector. The pipe to be inspected can be transported on a roller conveyor via a measuring head attached to the lance and geometrically measured on the inside. The measuring principle of the GMS-I is based on a standard laser cutting method, in which a corresponding number of profile measurements are carried out on a pipe at the scanning frequency. These can then be checked for geometric tolerance violations after transport.
GMS-C Curvature measurement
To measure the curvature of a bent sheet metal plate, for example, the bending shape can be recorded with the GMS-C and compared with a stored reference geometry. The reference geometry can correspond to an ideally round bend segment (test template) or to any free form. The deviation of the reference geometry from the actual geometry, or a calculated local curvature value can be used as an evaluation characteristic.
GMS-B Measuring cell for bent pipes
The measuring cell for bent tubes is a non-contact, optical measuring system for measuring tube and wire bent parts. A digital image of the workpiece to be inspected is determined within a few seconds via shadow projection and compared with a stored model transferred via CAD interface for dimensional accuracy.
MSG Turnkey Solution
- Complete development projects
- Processing of commissioned projects
- Customised solutions based on the desired project scope
- Observance of all required guidelines and global standards during the entire process
- Design with SolidWorks
- Design and setup of the project according to customer requirements
- Design creation with evaluation of different systems
- Definition of the specifications
- Determination of investment costs
- Guarantee of planning security
- 3D CAD designs by our certified SolidWorks experts
- Visualisations of plant planning, piping routes, and assembly simulations
- Design of components, special and customised machines
- Implementation of existing customer designs
- Space-optimised versions
- Implementation of customer-specific colour and material designs
- Project-related production technology according to the latest standards
- Optimised product design on time
- Delivery, assembly, and commissioning of machines and plants
- Optimisation and adjustment of parameters on site
- Advice for the customer and enabling of optimal use and maximum utilisation of machines, plants, and systems
- Maintenance & repair
- Support in technical and professional matters